Terms & Conditions
BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE OR USING ANY PART OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE OR USE THE CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES ON MADE AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE.
Use of this website is authorized only for individuals who are at least 13 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or on behalf of an organization or other party. If you do not so qualify, do not attempt to use this website.
Effective Date: September 1, 2017
By uploading, submitting or otherwise disclosing or distributing content of any kind at or on this website, such as comments or other text, data, pictures or video clips, you represent that you have the right to so disclose or distribute such content, and unless source quoted, you represent and warrant that you own all rights in the content and that you agree that the Content will be subject to the Creative Commons Public Domain License, available at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain/.
If you or an organization that you represent has been authorized by Riivet to be a Data Provider, you agree that (1) you will use due care to ensure that the data that you provide is accurate and is provided on a timely basis; (2) you will promptly correct any errors in data that you have provided; (3) you will not delete or modify any accurate data that you have provided.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use this website:
- to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Riivet website users;
- to contribute any content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, and if you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
- to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Riivet website user;
- to create or submit unsolicited commercial email ("Spam") to any other Riivet website users or any other party or internet location;
- to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
- to submit stories or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, sites/blogs repurposing existing stories (source hops), or off-topic content;
- with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the website for any purpose without Riivet' express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in Riivet' sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Riivet' infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activities conducted on the website; or (iii) bypass any measures Riivet may use to prevent or restrict access to the website or portions of the website;
- with the intention of artificially inflating or altering data, comments, or other website content, including by way of creating separate user accounts for the purpose of artificially altering Riivet statistics; giving or receiving money or other remuneration in exchange for support for particular individuals, organizations, or positions on issues; or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of Riivet services and content provided through this website.
Riivet respects the intellectual property of others. It is Riivet' policy to respond expeditiously to claims of copyright and other intellectual property infringement. Riivet will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, Riivet may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and may act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. Riivet will terminate access for users who are repeat infringers.
Procedure for notifying Riivet of copyright infringement:
To provide Riivet notice of an infringement, you must provide a written communication to the attention of "DMCA Infringement Notification Dept." care of firstname.lastname@example.org that sets forth the information specified by the DMCA http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512 . Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your copyright.
Procedure for providing Riivet with counter-notification:
If Riivet removes or disables access to content in response to an infringement notice, Riivet will make reasonable attempts to contact the owner or administrator of the affected site or content. If you feel that your material does not constitute infringement, you may provide Riivet with a counter-notification by written communication to the attention of "DMCA Counter-Notification Dept." at email@example.com that sets forth the necessary information required by the DMCA http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512 . Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is not infringing the copyrights of others. If you are uncertain whether an activity constitutes infringement, you should consult an attorney.
You acknowledge that Riivet has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to this website; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Riivet from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through this website. This website may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Riivet makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through this website, and Riivet will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through this website. THE CONTENT, THIS WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ANY WARRANTY THAT CANNOT BE DISCLAIMED AS A MATTER OF LAW IS LIMITED TO A PERIOD OF 30 DAYS AFTER YOUR FIRST ACCESS OF THIS WEBSITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN KINDS OF LIMITATIONS ON OR DISCLAIMERS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The services through this website may include access to links to other websites or embedded content or other resources provided by third parties. Because Riivet has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Riivet is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or third party resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or constituting such resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Riivet shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or or constituting such resources.
IN NO EVENT SHALL RIIVET OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE, THE SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $100. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Riivet shall not be liable for any failure to perform any of its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond Riivet' reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including "line-noise" interference).
RIIVET, RIIVET.COM, and other Riivet graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Riivet or its licensors in the U.S. and/or other countries. Trademarks and trade dress of Riivet or its licensors appearing on this website may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Images and icons provided in the Riivet Link Pack may used by partner and third party sites in connection with providing links to this website, but may not be altered in any way, and users agree that any use of such images and icons inure to the benefit of Riivet.